On June 25, 2013 the Board of Supervisors approved the FY2013-14 & FY2014-15 two-year budget, which includes $445 million* for funding critical infrastructure for both General Fund and Enterprise departments. This includes the FY14 & FY15 budgets for General Fund Departments and the FY14 budget for enterprise departments, which are on a fixed two-year budget. The total does not include the PUC capital budget, which was passed as a supplemental ordinance rather than through the Annual Appropriation Ordinance (AAO). For a more detailed view of the two-year capital budget please refer to the General Fund Capital Budget and the Enterprise Capital Budget. Please click here for a copy of the budget presentation at the Capital Planning Committee.
If you’re new to our program and interested in having us present to your organization or would like to learn more about the City’s 10-Year Capital Plan please feel free to contact us.
*Note: FY14 & FY15 budget amounts are subject to change until Mayor Edwin Lee signs the budget August 1, 2013.
General Fund Departments
General Fund Departments are currently on a rolling two-year budget. The FY2013-14 budget is updated from the previously adopted FY13 & FY14 budget, and the FY2014-15 budget will be revisited during the FY15 & FY16 budget cycle.
- Appropriated $249M to General Fund departments with $211M coming from the City’s General Fund.
- $147M invested in building maintenance & repairs and renewal of key infrastructure, including streets and right-of-way.
- $21M to fully fund the ADA Transition Plan (TP) – please note that the Transition Plan does not represent the City’s full ADA investment; other ADA improvements were funded outside of the Transition Plan.
- $24M for planning projects related to seismically strengthening and enhancing critical public health and justice facilities.
- $19M for streets and transportation infrastructure improvements.
- $38M for improvements funded through outside sources such as the Open Space Fund and various federal, state, and local sources.
FY14 & FY15 General Fund Department Summary ($249M)*
[csv id=’exptype’]Expenditure Type,No. of Projects,Budgeted Amount ($M),Percent of Total
ADA – Facilities,10,12.7,5.1
ADA – Streets and ROW,4,8.9,3.6
Streets and ROW Renewal,12,88.2,35.5
[chart id=”c859405″ csv=”#exptype” adapter=”return data;” type=”donut” category=”Expenditure Type” value=”Budgeted Amount ($M)” format=”s,n” color=”auto” style=”width:100%;height:300px;” title=”FY14 and FY15 Capital Budget by Expenditure Type” description=”FY14 and FY15 Capital Budget by Expenditure Type” sort=”true” interpolate=”none” img=”http://onesanfrancisco.org/wp-content/uploads/FY14-and-FY-15-Capital-Budget-by-Expenditure-Type.jpg” debug=”false”]
[csv id=’servcat’]Service Category,No. of Projects,Budgeted Amount ($M),Percent of Total
Infrastructure and Streets,34,112.3,45.1
Health and Human Services,25,29.7,11.9
Recreation Culture and Education,68,44.5,17.9
[chart id=”c859406″ csv=”#servcat” adapter=”return data;” type=”donut” category=”Service Category” value=”Budgeted Amount ($M)” format=”s,n” color=”auto” style=”width:100%;height:300px;” title=”FY14 and FY15 Capital Budget by Service Category” description=”FY14 and FY15 Capital Budget by Service Category” sort=”true” interpolate=”none” img=”http://onesanfrancisco.org/wp-content/uploads/FY14-and-FY-15-Capital-Budget-by-Expenditure-Type.jpg” debug=”false”]
*Note: Graph plugin supported by Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and IE8 and higher.
The enterprise departments are in the middle of a fixed two-year budget covering FY2012-13 & FY2013-14.
- $79.9M for critical airfield and terminal improvements.
- $475.3M to support the PUC’s water, waste water and power enterprises’ capital needs.*
- $14.0M to protect and enhance waterfront properties and improve Port services.
As permitted by the City Charter, enterprise departments they are allow to amend their budgets up to 5% for the second year of a fixed two-year budget. The FY2013-14 amendments are summarized below.
- De-appropriated $71.0M and appropriated $55.2M for water capital improvements in FY2013-14.
- De-appropriated $55.6M and appropriated $38.1M for wastewater capital improvements in FY2013-14.
- De-appropriated $16.4M and appropriated $5.5M for Hetch Hetchy water and power capital improvements in FY2013-14.
- Appropriated $55.0M for the water system improvement program in FY2013-14
- Appropriated $3.1M for capital improvements in FY2013-14
- De-appropriated $5.0M in FAA grants and appropriated $5.0M in new TSA grants in FY2013-14
Summaries and presentations are available in the CPC Meeting archive for meetings April 1, 2013 and April 29, 2013
FY23 & FY14 Summary*
|FY2012-13||FY2013-14 Original||FY2013-14 Revised
Hetch Hetchy Water & Power
*Note: PUC approved two-year capital budget through supplement appropriation in 2012, while Port and Airport submitted their capital budgets through the AAO process.