Capital Planning Committee
AGENDA FOR MEETING
November 18, 2013
City Hall, Room 305
12:00 – 2:00 PM
1) CALL TO ORDER
2) INTRODUCTIONS AND AGENDA REVIEW
3) GENERAL PUBLIC COMMENT
Public comment on matters within the Committee’s jurisdiction.
4) APPROVAL OF THE RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING THE DIRECTOR OF PROPERTY TO SELL UP TO 1,100,000 GROSS SQUARE FEET OF TRANSFERABLE DEVELOPMENT RIGHTS (“TDR”) FROM THE WAR MEMORIAL COMPLEX AND 301 & 401 VAN NESS AVENUE AT FAIR MARKET VALUE (Action Item)
The City’s Director of Real Estate will present an overview of the proposed plan to sell TDRs, including transaction details and information on how the proceeds will be spent.
5) REVIEW OF THE PROPOSED EARTHQUAKE SAFETY & EMERGENCY RESPONSE (ESER) 2014 GENERAL OBLIGATION (G.O.) BOND PROGRAM (Discussion Item)
The Department of Public Works (DPW) will provide an overview of the proposed ESER 2014 G.O. Bond program including information on potential projects to be included and how these projects relate to the City’s current ESER 2010 G.O. Bond Program.
6) REVIEW OF THE MAYOR’S TRANSPORTATION TASK FORCE DRAFT REPORT (Discussion Item)
The Controller’s Office will provide an overview of draft findings and recommendations from the Mayor’s Transportation Task Force report.
7) APPROVAL OF THE RECREATION & PARKS DEPARTMENT (RPD) SUPPLEMENTAL REQUEST APPROPRIATING BOND PROCEEDS FROM ITS 2000 & 2008 GENERAL OBLIGATION BOND (G.O.) PROGRAMS THAT TOGETHER TOTAL $10,029,670 TO FUND CAPITAL IMPROVEMENTS (Action Item)
The RPD will present an overview of its supplemental request related to the re-appropriation of proceeds from two G.O. Bond programs: the 2000 Neighborhood Parks General Obligation Bond and the 2008 Clean and Safe Neighborhood Parks Bond. The presentation will provide background details on what funds are being reallocated and the projects that those funds will be redirected towards. Proposed projects include: Telegraph Hill Stabilization, Civic Center Garage Elevator Repairs and improvements to Dolores Park, Kimbell Park and the Beach Chalet.
8 ) APPROVAL OF THE SAN FRANCISCO MUNICIPAL TRANSPORTATION AGENCY (SFMTA) SUPPLEMENTAL REQUEST APPROPRIATING $4,388,000 OF TRANSIT CENTER DISTRICT FUNDS AND TRANSPORTATION DEVELOPMENT IMPACT FEE REVENUE AND CAPITAL PROJECT FUND EXPENDITURES TO FUND CAPITAL IMPROVEMENTS (Action Item)
The SFMTA will present an overview of its supplemental request including background details about the funds that are being appropriated as well as information on the projects that will be funded through the supplemental request. Proposed projects include transportation, streetscape, pedestrian, and bicyle capital improvements within the Eastern Neighborhoods, Maker Octavia, Rincon Hill and Transit Center District project areas.
9) NEXT MEETING SCHEDULE AND POTENTIAL AGENDA ITEMS (Discussion Item)
Proposed date & location: Monday, December 9, 2013: 12:00-2:00 pm, City Hall, room 205
Proposed agenda items: TBD
CPC Memo to BOS
CPC BOS Memo 2013-12-03
If any materials related to an item on this agenda have been distributed to the Capital Planning Committee after distribution of the agenda packet, those materials are available for public inspection at 30 Van Ness Avenue, Suite 4100 during normal office hours. Materials can also be found on the Capital Planning Program’s website http://onesanfrancisco.org/category/meetings/cpc-meetings/