Capital Planning Committee
AGENDA FOR MEETING
June 23, 2014
City Hall, Room 305
12:00 – 2:00 PM
1) CALL TO ORDER
2) INTRODUCTIONS AND AGENDA REVIEW
3) GENERAL PUBLIC COMMENT
Public comment on matters within the Committee’s jurisdiction.
4) APPROVAL OF THE RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING THE ISSUANCE OF UP TO $24,000,000 IN SEISMIC SAFETY LOAN PROGRAM (SSLP) GENERAL OBLIGATION (G.O.) BONDS AND RELATED SUPPLEMENTAL APPROPRIATION REQUEST (Action Item)
The Port of San Francisco will present on its proposed plan to use the City’s SSLP program to make seismic improvements on two eligible buildings at Pier 70. The Presentation will also include an overview of the financing details.
5) APPROVAL OF THE RESOLUTION OF INTENTION TO ESTABLISH COMMUNITY FACILITIES DISTRICT NO. 2014-1 (TRANSBAY TRANSIT CENTER) (Action Item)
The Planning Department will present an overview of the proposed Transbay Transit Center Community Facilities District, including district boundaries, rate and method of apportionment of the special tax, projected revenue, expenditure plan, proposed governance structure, and next steps in the legislative process.
6) APPROVAL OF THE RESOLUTION OF INTENTION TO INCUR UP TO $1,400,000,000 IN BONDED INDEBTEDNESS FOR THE CITY AND COUNTY OF SAN FRANCISCO COMMUNITY FACILITIES DISTRICT NO. 2014-1 (TRANSBAY TRANSIT CENTER) (Action Item)
The Planning Department will present an overview of the proposed debt financing details, including bonding capacity and projects anticipated to be funded with bond proceeds. The Transbay Joint Powers Authority will also present an overview of the funding program for the Transbay Downtown Rail Extension and related projects.
7) APPROVAL OF THE SAN FRANCISCO PUBLIC UTILITIES COMMISSION (SFPUC) SUPPLEMENTAL APPROPRIATION ORDINANCE REAPPROPRIATING UP TO $23,000,000 OF WASTEWATER ENTERPRISE REVENUE BONDS, TO SUPPORT CAPITAL IMPROVEMENTS RELATED TO THE WASTEWATER ENTERPRISE NORTH SHORE/ CHANNEL FORCE MAIN PROJECT (Action Item)
The SFPUC will present details on the appropriation including projects to be funded through the reallocation.
8 ) NEXT MEETING SCHEDULE AND POTENTIAL AGENDA ITEMS (Discussion Item)
Proposed date & location: July 21; City Hall, room 305.
Proposed agenda items: Earthquake Safety & Emergency Response (ESER) 2010 & 2014 bond issuances
Memo to BOS
If any materials related to an item on this agenda have been distributed to the Capital Planning Committee after distribution of the agenda packet, those materials are available for public inspection at 30 Van Ness Avenue, Suite 4100 during normal office hours. Materials can also be found on the Capital Planning Program’s website http://onesanfrancisco.org/category/meetings/cpc-meetings/