Capital Planning Committee
AGENDA FOR MEETING
February 22, 2016
City Hall, Room 305
1) CALL TO ORDER
2) INTRODUCTIONS AND AGENDA REVIEW
3) GENERAL PUBLIC COMMENT
Public comment on matters within the Committee’s jurisdiction that are not on the current agenda.
4) APPROVAL OF THE RESOLUTIONS AUTHORIZING AND DIRECTING THE SALE OF GENERAL OBLIGATION BONDS (EARTHQUAKE SAFETY AND EMERGENCY RESPONSE, 2010) IN THE AMOUNT OF $25,215,000 AND GENERAL OBLIGATION BONDS (EARTHQUAKE SAFETY AND EMERGENCY RESPONSE, 2014) IN THE AMOUNT OF $111,060,000; AND APPROVAL OF THE RELATED SUPPLEMENTAL REQUESTS IN THE AMOUNTS OF $30,000,000 AND $111,060,000, WHICH REFLECT THE BOND ISSUANCE AMOUNTS AND INTEREST EARNED (Action Item)
The Fire Department and Department of Public Works will present an update on project progress and spending plans for the next round of sales in each bond program.
5) APPROVAL OF THE RESOLUTIONS AUTHORIZING AND DIRECTING THE SALE OF GENERAL OBLIGATION BONDS (ROAD REPAVING AND STREET SAFETY, 2011) IN THE AMOUNT OF $44,145,000; AND APPROVAL OF THE RELATED SUPPLEMENTAL REQUEST (Action Item)
The Department of Public Works will present an update on project progress and spending plans for the next round of sales in the bond program.
6) APPROVAL OF THE SUPPLEMENTAL ORDINANCE APPROPRIATING $740,000 TO THE RECREATION AND PARK DEPARTMENT (Action Item)
The Recreation and Park Department will present a proposal for a supplemental appropriation to fund an open space project at 17th Street and Folsom.
7) APPROVAL OF A CAPITAL PLAN AMENDMENT TO FUND THE ANIMAL CARE AND CONTROL SHELTER WITH CERTIFICATES OF PARTICIPATION (Action Item)
The Capital Planning Program will present the proposed modification of the FY2016-25 Capital Plan to move the Animal Care and Control Shelter to the Certificates of Participation program from the General Obligation Bond program.
8) UPDATE ON THE DATA IMPROVEMENT EFFORT FOR THE CAPITAL PLANNING PROGRAM’S FACILITIES RESOURCE RENEWAL MODEL (Discussion Item)
The Capital Planning Program will present an overview of this year’s effort to improve the quality of data captured in our facilities renewal model.
9) NEXT MEETING SCHEDULE AND POTENTIAL AGENDA ITEMS (Discussion Item)
Proposed date, location & time: March 14, 2016, City Hall, Room 305, noon – 2pm
Proposed agenda items: Tax authority for the Transbay Transit Center CFD, PUC budget presentation, Port budget presentation
CPC Memo to the Board of Supervisors
CPC BOS Memo 2016-02-22