On June 25, 2013 the Board of Supervisors approved the FY2013-14 & FY2014-15 two-year budget, which includes $445 million* for funding critical infrastructure for both General Fund and Enterprise departments. This includes the FY14 & FY15 budgets for General Fund Departments and the FY14 budget for enterprise departments, which are on a fixed two-year budget. The total does not include the PUC capital budget, which was passed as a supplemental ordinance rather than through the Annual Appropriation Ordinance (AAO). For a more detailed view of the two-year capital budget please refer to the General Fund Capital Budget and the Enterprise Capital Budget. Please click here for a copy of the budget presentation at the Capital Planning Committee.
*Note: FY14 & FY15 budget amounts are subject to change until Mayor Edwin Lee signs the budget August 1, 2013.
General Fund Departments
General Fund Departments are currently on a rolling two-year budget. The FY2013-14 budget is updated from the previously adopted FY13 & FY14 budget, and the FY2014-15 budget will be revisited during the FY15 & FY16 budget cycle.
- Appropriated $249M to General Fund departments with $211M coming from the City’s General Fund.
- $147M invested in building maintenance & repairs and renewal of key infrastructure, including streets and right-of-way.
- $21M to fully fund the ADA Transition Plan (TP) – please note that the Transition Plan does not represent the City’s full ADA investment; other ADA improvements were funded outside of the Transition Plan.
- $24M for planning projects related to seismically strengthening and enhancing critical public health and justice facilities.
- $19M for streets and transportation infrastructure improvements.
- $38M for improvements funded through outside sources such as the Open Space Fund and various federal, state, and local sources.
FY14 & FY15 General Fund Department Summary ($249M)*
*Note: Graph plugin supported by Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and IE8 and higher.
The enterprise departments are in the middle of a fixed two-year budget covering FY2012-13 & FY2013-14.
- $79.9M for critical airfield and terminal improvements.
- $475.3M to support the PUC’s water, waste water and power enterprises’ capital needs.*
- $14.0M to protect and enhance waterfront properties and improve Port services.
As permitted by the City Charter, enterprise departments they are allow to amend their budgets up to 5% for the second year of a fixed two-year budget. The FY2013-14 amendments are summarized below.
- De-appropriated $71.0M and appropriated $55.2M for water capital improvements in FY2013-14.
- De-appropriated $55.6M and appropriated $38.1M for wastewater capital improvements in FY2013-14.
- De-appropriated $16.4M and appropriated $5.5M for Hetch Hetchy water and power capital improvements in FY2013-14.
- Appropriated $55.0M for the water system improvement program in FY2013-14
- Appropriated $3.1M for capital improvements in FY2013-14
- De-appropriated $5.0M in FAA grants and appropriated $5.0M in new TSA grants in FY2013-14
FY23 & FY14 Summary*
|FY2012-13||FY2013-14 Original||FY2013-14 Revised|
Hetch Hetchy Water & Power
*Note: PUC approved two-year capital budget through supplement appropriation in 2012, while Port and Airport submitted their capital budgets through the AAO process.