Capital Planning Committee
AGENDA FOR MEETING
September 9, 2013
City Hall, Room 305
12:00 – 2:00 PM
1) CALL TO ORDER
2) INTRODUCTIONS AND AGENDA REVIEW
3) GENERAL PUBLIC COMMENT
Public comment on matters within the Committee’s jurisdiction.
4) APPROVAL TO SUPPORT THE CITY’S SB1022 GRANT APPLICATION FOR UP TO $80,000,000 FROM THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA TO FUND THE JAIL REPLACEMENT PROJECT (Action Item)
The Jail Replacement Project team will present a brief update on the project and an overview of the state grant application process.
5) APPROVAL OF THE RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING THE ISSUANCE OF UP TO $165,000,000 IN REVENUE BONDS BY THE SAN FRANCISCO MUNICIPAL TRANSPORTATION AGENCY (SFMTA) TO FUND CAPITAL IMPROVEMENTS; AND APPROVAL OF THE RELATED SUPPLEMENTAL REQUEST (Action Item)
The SFMTA will provide an overview of its proposed revenue bond program to fund improvements to transit, pedestrian safety, facility, and fleet infrastructure, among others.
6) APPROVAL OF THE RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING THE ISSUANCE OF UP TO $13,500,000 IN CERTIFICATES OF PARTICIPATION (COPs) AND USE OF COMMERCIAL PAPER NOTES IN THE INTERIM BY THE CITY TO FUND TREASURE ISLAND UTILITY IMPROVEMENTS; AND APPROVAL OF THE RELATED SUPPLEMENTAL REQUEST (Action Item)
The Treasure Island Development Authority will provide an overview of the public utility infrastructure improvements on Treasure Island to be financed by the proposed COP.
7) UPDATE ON THE HAZARD MITIGATION PLANNING PROCESS (Discussion Item)
The Department of Emergency Management will give a brief overview on the process for updating the City’s Hazard Mitigation Plan.
8 ) OVERVIEW OF THE FISCAL YEAR 2014 CAPITAL PLANNING SCHEDULE (Discussion Item)
The Capital Planning Program will provide a very brief update on key deadlines and timelines for Fiscal Year 2013-14, including CPC meetings, Off-Year Capital Plan update, and the Capital Budget process.
9) NEXT MEETING SCHEDULE AND POTENTIAL AGENDA ITEMS (Discussion Item)
Proposed date & location: Monday, October 21, 2013: 12:00-2:00 pm, City Hall, room 305
Proposed agenda items: Interagency Plan Implementation Cmt (IPIC) expenditure plan; Transit Center District update; and Asset Management & Reporting discussion.