Capital Planning Committee
AGENDA FOR MEETING
July 11, 2016
City Hall, Room 201
1) CALL TO ORDER
2) INTRODUCTIONS AND AGENDA REVIEW
3) GENERAL PUBLIC COMMENT
Public comment on matters within the Committee’s jurisdiction that are not on the current agenda
4) APPROVAL OF THE SAN FRANCISCO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT FY16-17 FIVE & TEN YEAR CAPITAL IMPROVEMENT PLANS (CIP) UPDATE, TOTALING $5.8 BILLION AND $6.1 BILLION, RESPECTIVELY. (Action Item)
The Airport will provide an overview of its recently adopted CIP, including market forces, comparison to the previous CIP, and major capital projects.
5) APPROVAL OF THE RESOLUTION OF PUBLIC INTEREST AND NECESSITY FOR THE ACQUISITION, REHABILITATION, PRESERVATION, AND CONVERSION OF MULTI-UNIT RESIDENTIAL BUILDINGS TO PERMANENT AFFORDABLE HOUSING, TO BE FINANCED THROUGH BONDED INDEBTEDNESS IN AN AMOUNT NOT TO EXCEED $350 MILLION. (Action Item)
6) APPROVAL OF THE ORDINANCE CALLING FOR A SPECIAL ELECTION TO AMEND THE SEISMIC SAFETY LOAN PROGRAM (PROPOSITION A, APPROVED NOVEMBER 1992) TO AUTHORIZE THE CITY OF SAN FRANCISCO TO INCUR GENERAL OBLIGATION BONDED INDEBTEDNESS NOT TO EXCEED $350 MILLION FOR THE ADDITIONAL PURPOSES OF PROVIDING LOANS TO FINANCE THE COST TO ACQUIRE, IMPROVE, AND REHABILITATE AND TO CONVERT AT-RISK MULTI-UNIT RESIDENTIAL BUILDINGS TO PERMANENT AFFORDABLE HOUSING, AND RELATED COSTS NECESSARY OR CONVENIENT FOR THE FOREGOING PURPOSES. (Action Item)
The Mayor’s Office of Housing will provide information related to the proposed legislation to repurpose unused Earthquake Loan Program financing for affordable housing efforts.
7) NEXT MEETING SCHEDULE AND POTENTIAL AGENDA ITEMS (Discussion Item)
Proposed date, location & time: August 29, 2016, 12:00-2:00 PM, City Hall Room 305
Proposed agenda items: Treasure Island Financing, Housing Bond Issuance, Controller’s report on GO Bond program progress.
- Agenda Item 4 – SFO Capital Plan Update
- Agenda Item 5 & 6 – Bond Repurposing Presentation
- Agenda Item 5 & 6 – Bond Repurposing Memo
- Agenda Item 5 – Bond Repurposing Resolution
- Agenda Item 6 – Bond Repurposing Ordinance
CPC Memo to the Board of Supervisors
CPC BOS Memo 2016-07-11