1) CALL TO ORDER
2) INTRODUCTIONS AND AGENDA REVIEW
3) GENERAL PUBLIC COMMENT
Public comment on matters within the Committee's jurisdiction that are not on the current agenda.
4) UPDATE ON THE EARTHQUAKE SAFETY AND EMERGENCY RESPONSE (ESER) GENERAL OBLIGATION BOND PROGRAM AND APPROVAL OF A RELATED ORDINACE TO REAPPROPRIATE NOT TO EXCEED $16,000,000 OF THE ESER 2014 2016D ISSUANCE FROM THE EMERGENCY FIREFIGHTING WATER SUPPLY PROGRAM TO THE NEIGHBORHOOD FIRE STATIONS AND POLICE FACILITIES PROGRAMS. (Action Item)
The Department of Public Works will lead a presentation providing an update for the overall ESER program and requesting a reappropriation within the ESER program.
5) UPDATE ON THE CLEAN AND SAFE NEIGHBORHOOD PARKS GENERAL OBLIGATION BOND PROGRAM; APPROVAL OF THE RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING AND DIRECTING THE SALE OF GENERAL OBLIGATION BONDS (CLEAN AND SAFE NEIGHBORHOOD PARKS, 2012) IN AN AMOUNT NOT TO EXCEED $77,000,000; AND APPROVAL OF THE RELATED SUPPLEMENTAL REQUEST. (Action Item)
The Recreation and Parks Department and the Port of San Francisco will present an update on the Clean and Safe Neighborhood Parks Bond Program and discuss planned expenditures for the next issuance, expected in January 2018.
6) APPROVAL OF THE RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING AND DIRECTING THE SALE OF GENERAL OBLIGATION BONDS (TRANSPORTATION AND ROAD IMPROVEMENT, 2014) IN AN AMOUNT NOT TO EXCEED $177,000,000; AND APPROVAL OF THE RELATED SUPPLEMENTAL REQUEST. (Action Item)
Capital Planning Committee will vote on this action item for the next 2014 Transportation G.O. Bond issuance, related to the SFMTA’s discussion item from the last meeting, held on October 16, 2017.
7) APPROVAL OF A RESOLUTION OF INTENT TO FORM SUB-PROJECT AREAS I-1 THROUGH I-13 TO THE EXISTING PORT-WIDE INFRASTRUCTURE FINANCING DISTRICT; AND APPROVAL OF A RESOLUTION OF INTENT TO ISSUE BONDS FOR THOSE SUB-PROJECT AREAS, WHICH ENCOMPASS THE MISSION ROCK SPECIAL USE DISTRICT. (Action Item)
The Port of San Francisco will present on the context, timeline, infrastructure plan, and planned funding for the Mission Rock site and request approvals for the related IFD legislation.
8) APPROVAL OF THE ORDINANCE ESTABLISHING THE PIER 70 INFRASTRUCTURE FINANCING DISTRICT, SUB-PROJECT AREAS G-2, G-3, AND G-4; APPROVAL OF A RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING THE ISSUANCE OF $274,000,000, $197,000,000, AND $324,000,000, RESPECTIVELY FOR EACH SUB-PROJECT AREA; AND APPROVAL OF LEGISLATION TO ESTABLISH INFRASTRUCTURE REVITALIZATION FINANCING DISTRICT (IRFD) NO. 2 ON LAND WITHIN THE CITY COMMONLY KNOWN AS THE HOEDOWN YARD AND AUTHORIZING THE ISSUANCE OF BONDS IN AN AMOUNT NOT TO EXCEED $92,000,000 FOR THE IRFD. (Action Item)
Following up on the related discussion item from the last meeting, held on October 16, 2017, the Port of San Francisco will present on the public benefits, infrastructure plan, and financing plan for the IFD and IRFD at Pier 70. The legislation for the IRFD includes an ordinance creating the IRFD and adopting an infrastructure financing plan for such district, as well as resolutions that: call a special election for the IRFD; propose adoption of the infrastructure financing plan and formation of the IRFD and provide for future annexation; approve the infrastructure financing plan for the IRFD, declare results of special elections for the IRFD; and authorize issuance of bonds for the IRFD in an amount not to exceed $92 million.
9) NEXT MEETING SCHEDULE AND POTENTIAL AGENDA ITEMS (Discussion Item)
Proposed date, location & time: December 11, 2017, 12:00-2:00 PM, City Hall Room 305
Proposed agenda items: Public Health & Safety Bond (discussion item); Affordable Housing Bond (discussion item); Biodiversity Resolution (discussion item); Living Cities (discussion item).